As a business owner, you know the importance of your online presence. It can skyrocket your ROI and leave your bank account comfortably in the black. But, how do you get to that point? What kind of investment are you looking at? How many blog posts do you need to write, and how often? Then there’s utilizing social media what do you focus on? It can feel overwhelming but creating a marketing blog is completely possible once you know what steps to take.
Become familiar with SEO:
Search engine optimization can feel like a tricky thing. Google changes it’s algorithms all the time and keeping up may feel impossible. However, don’t despair. You can easily put an SEO plugin on your site like Yoast SEO or another SEO option to help optimize your site. It keeps up with algorithm changes and gives you tips to better optimize your blog post. Research what keywords your ideal customer is searching and use those. Keep some variety in your keywords too. You want to use a combination of long and short tail keywords. Most importantly, make sure your SEO is targeted toward your reader first. If you try to keyword stuff you will get knocked down off Google’s ranking.
Know your ideal customer:
To write blog posts that resonate with your ideal customer, you need to know what makes them tick.
- Who is your ideal customer? Are they busy moms? Are they senior executives?
- Why would they be coming to blog? What problem are you solving? What question are you answering?
- What are some of their daily challenges or issues? Not enough time? Not enough money? Something else?
- What companies are they currently buying from? Who do they trust?
- Where are they in the buying process? This one is important because so many begin their buying journey online.
Create a long-term strategy:
You can’t write one blog post and expect immediate results. Blogging can have excellent results, but only if you are patient and have a plan. Is it worth the investment? Yes. According to Neil Patel companies that prioritized a content strategy were 13 times more likely to achieve a positive ROI. Well-developed blogs saw a 434% increase in indexed pages too. This is the best way to shoot your website to that coveted first-page spot on Google.
This is not simply a monetary budget. You need to create a budget for your time too. Creating content that is valuable for your readers requires research and can take hours sometimes. When you are creating your marketing budget put aside about 30% to cover content marketing.
Marketing and promotions:
The last thing you want to do is spend hours crafting the perfect post and no one knows it exists. You want to market each post and you have many options for that. In fact, there are so many this can feel downright overwhelming.
- The first place to start is with social media. HubSpot recommends choosing two social media platforms to focus on. Choose the platforms that your ideal customers frequent and make sure your posts are optimized for social media too.
- You can use marketing automation tools to help you with the marketing. Different platforms have different ‘peak posting times’ and marketing automation can help you maximize your posts exposure. Don’t stop there though.
- Part of what makes social media marketing effective is growing a loyal following. You create a following by interacting with your customers, partners, and vendors. Answer the questions in your comments. Share influencers articles that can help your customers. Then you will start to see the results.
Creating a website and blog that grows your business is possible. It does not interrupt like previous methods of marketing have done. It informs and educates your customers when they are ready. An excellent marketing blog can be created for any business in any industry.